Work with us
The following information may assist you with your application and provide a guide about our selection process.
The short listing and selection of applicants will be conducted in strict accordance with the principles of merit and equal employment opportunity. Sunshine Kids is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. To assist the panel in selecting the applicants to be interviewed, it is important that your application clearly addresses the criteria listed in the job description. If you do not show how you meet these criteria, your application may not be considered any further.
If you are selected for an interview, we try to give you at least five working days notice. Contact will be made via written correspondence to your home address or by telephone. All interviews will be held at the service. In addition to the interview, the selection process will include screening under the provisions of the NSW Child Protection Act.
Writing Your Application
- Please complete our Application Form, which is included with this information package.
- Next, you should prepare a statement showing how you meet the Mandatory, Essential and Desirable selection criteria listed in the job description. The best way is to set out your statement listing each criterion as a heading and then explaining clearly under each heading how your qualifications or experience meet it. If you cannot meet the mandatory qualifications, which are considered a requirement of the job, you should not apply.
- If specific qualifications are called for – list what certificates or tertiary qualifications you have obtained that are relevant and provide a photocopy of any qualifications set out in the selection criteria.
- If specific work experience is called for – list what positions you have held and duties you have performed that are relevant to that particular criterion.
- The job description may list personal attributes or certain skills. If you have held positions that have required you to show those particular qualities or skills – then list them – showing how you had to use those abilities.
- Send copies only of any relevant certificates, diplomas or transcripts. DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS.
- Ensure that you have listed on the application form the names and daytime phone numbers of at least two referees. At least one of these should be a current or recent work supervisor. Our selection panel may need to contact them to verify information you have given or to find out more about you. It is important that your referees know your applying for a job, and will be willing to speak on your behalf.
- Ensure that you send two written references, one of which is dated in the past 12 months, relating to your experience or qualifications in working with young children.
- Make sure we have your current daytime telephone number.
Sending Your Application
Your application must be received by 4:30pm on the closing date indicated in the advertisement and should clearly indicate the name of the position. You can send it in any of the following ways:
- By mail to the Director (advertisement will detail address). NO PLASTIC FOLDERS OR BINDERS PLEASE.
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org If e-mailing your application please do not include any images or graphics as your e-mail will be blocked and delayed in reaching us in accordance with our organisational policy. Forward your application in text format only.
- Short listing is generally completed within 2 weeks of the closing date. You will be notified if you are required to attend an interview, either by mail or telephone. All unsuccessful applicants who have attended an interview will be notified of the outcome by letter. If you are not selected for an interview, you will be notified of the outcome once an appointment to the position has been finalised.
If appointed to a temporary or permanent position, a probationary period will apply.